Privacy Notice and Notice of Information Practices
We collect personal information about you from:
- The information you provide on applications or other forms (such as your name, address, Social Security number, date of birth, income level and certain other financial information)
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as your payment history and claims information)
- The information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency (such as your credit history)
- Government agencies (such as the Department of Transportation or a county treasurerís office)
- When you send us e-mail from this Web site, you will provide us with certain personally identifiable information including your e-mail address.
This information will be provided to the insurance company when you purchase an insurance policy so they can establish you as a policyholder. We will maintain a record of your information at the office of the Blum & Leonard Agency, Inc., so we can provide you with policyholder service.
The employees of the Blum & Leonard Agency, Inc., are each required to sign and acknowledge a Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Agreement. Each employee has been instructed on maintaining the privacy of each client and the importance of protecting the clientís personal information.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We treat your information with respect and concern for your privacy. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our clients to anyone, as permitted by law.
For example, we may share any or all of our information with our affiliated companies. We may also disclose any or all information we have collected about you to companies that perform services on our behalf and to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements such as:
- Independent claims adjusters, appraisers, or attorneys who would need the information to handle your claims
- Your insurance company, to allow for servicing of your policy
- Insurance rating organizations that require information for actuarial purposes
- Law enforcement or other governmental agencies in response to a subpoena or threat of one, or in connection with suspected fraudulent claims
- Our affiliated companies
When we make this type of disclosure it is done to service your Blum & Leonard Agency, Inc. policy or to inform you about Blum & Leonard Agency, Inc. products and services.
Third Party Links
Blum & Leonard Agency, Inc.
418 Central Avenue
Estherville IA 51334-2237